Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Madeline Island 2015: First Trip Day 1 - Departure and Arrival

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Left today to visit Dale Up North. Had meant to be out of the house by noon but was on the road by 1:45. Coulda done worse, I suppose. I only stopped once between Minneapolis and Bayfield which was pretty good. 

Fran and Charlie are coming up tomorrow for the weekend which is why Athena is in the kennel. Dale thought she might be a little overwhelming for them. 


Made the 7:00 p.m. ferry so I was on the Island by about 7:25. Dale's thinking that by tomorrow they'll be running the ferries pretty much nonstop as it gets pretty crazy up here for the 4th of July holiday.

Dale and I went to the Pub for dinner. We both had the whitefish and it was delicious. I ordered and old fashioned for a cocktail. Our server asked if I wanted brandy in it (the Wisconsin version) but I told her I better start with the familiar and go the bourbon route. For my second one I told her I'd go with brandy. When we left I told her I liked the brandy version better. "See," she said, "You must have just enough Wisconsin in you."

No comments:

Post a Comment