Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Madeline Island 2015: First Trip Day 2 - Muffins, Old Fashioneds, and Fran and Charlie

Friday, July 3, 2015

I started the day with my favorite ever-lovin' blueberry muffin from Mission Hill Coffee. It's the best blueberry muffin in Wisconsin (probably Minnesota too).

Lots of lounging around reading today. Went on my own to the Beach Club. Sat at the bar and ordered and old fashioned (brandy again) and also a chili dog with fries for lunch. The Beach Club bar looks over the lake and I noticed there were a lot more sailboats out that usual - really quite stunning looking on a gorgeous sunny day. I was the only one at the bar so the two gals working it were quite attentive. They were also working hard to make sure their shelves underneath were fully stocked for the onslaught that's going to occur for the holiday weekend. I was surprised it wasn't busier but the gals said they were expecting it to pick up more in the afternoon.

 Tomorrow is gonna be nuts! It's always funny because Dale felt it was so busy today due to his being used to it being so dead here in June. I thought today was just right. It's nice to see a little activity compared to how incredibly quiet it is here prior to July 4th. 

Fran and Charlie made the 2:00 pm ferry. They left their car on the Bayfield side so I met them at the landing to help them carry up their things. The brought up groceries since they've offered to cook for us the next two nights. Tonight we took them to the Pub. Tonight I had the trout and another old fashioned (yes, brandy again). 

No comments:

Post a Comment