Monday, July 8, 2019

Madeline Island June 2019 - Day 4: Another Full Day

Friday, June 28, 2019


I'm falling into a routine. Coffee with Dale on the porch this morning and then a nice walk to town followed by a lunch at the Beach Club which consisted of two Old Fashioneds and a chef salad.


Emma is coming in tonight so I stopped by the store to get some wine and frozen pizzas. Needed to call Dale to confirm the kind of wine he wanted. The call went through but cut out and the phone showed there as being no service. OK, this island runs at a different pace and I can adapt to that culture but I don't want my phone to be on island time too!! LOL. I eventually got ahold of Dale but the phone service has been so bad this year. It all ended up working out just fine so I'll stop pissin' and moanin'.


Back home in time for a cigar on the porch in the afternoon. Emma arrived by 5 p.m. Dale made a pizza for all of us which we ate on the porch accompanied by some red wine.


We headed over to the club house shortly before with o'clock for the concert featuring the American String Quartet. It was a beautiful concert. The tree frogs outside even got in on the act.

No comments:

Post a Comment