Friday, July 5, 2019

Madeline Island June 2019 - Day 3: A Full Day

Thursday, June 27, 2019


Coffee on the porch with Dale and then some general putzing around after he left for work


Went in to town around 11:30. My first stop was a blueberry muffin from Marie at Mission Hill Coffee.


Second stop was a Bloody Mary at the Beach Club. I noticed the guy adjacent to me at the bar salting his beer. I've never seen that done before. When the man left I asked the bartender about it who said that, yes, people do indeed salt their beer. The woman next to me said she had never heard of this either. I asked the bartender why folks might do this. He said he wasn't sure but that he noticed it tends to happen more often when people drink light beer. I googled it and told the bartender that the top answer had to do with killing the taste of bad beer. Other answers included keeping it from bubbling too much and also the replenishing of salt by people drinking beer in pubs after hard manual labor. Hmmm. Now we know.



After the Beach Club I was off to Grandpa Tony's for a Hawaiian pizza. 



Next stop was Madeline Island Candles where I picked up a couple of vanilla candles and a pumpkin one for fall. Finally, before heading home, a stop at the Island Store for more broccoli. Dale and I ate it tonight with chili left over from last night. 



Watched round 2 of the Democratic debates on Dale's iPad after dinner was all cleaned up. Kamala and Pete were awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment