Monday, July 8, 2019

Madeline Island June 2019 - Day 5: And Another Full Day

Saturday, June 29, 2019






Long lazy morning. Coffee on the porch with Dale. Emma slept in late but woke up shortly before Dale left for work. 



Emma is training for a marathon. She took a 6 mile training run today. I headed into town on foot. 



In town I picked up a couple of blueberry muffins from Marie at Mission Hill Coffee. Delicious as always. I ate both of them in one sitting and then walked back to the cabin to sit on the porch. Emma returned from her run after a bit and said the heat really got to her. I could only imagine. I thought it was pretty scorching in the direct sunlight on my outing and I was only walking!





Dale and I took Emma out to eat at the Beach Club tonight. I had a couple of Old Fashioneds of course. They couldn't drink because they had to work a dinner concert over on the mainland. 



When they left after dinner for the the ferry I headed over to Grandpa Tony's for some ice cream and walked home with it. 



Once back I sat on the porch, read, and watched the beautiful sunset. When Dale and Emma returned we sat for a bit on the porch and watched the fireflies.







No comments:

Post a Comment