Sunday, June 25, 2017

Island 2017 - Day 1: Arrival

Monday, June 19, 2017

I made it up to the Island today for the first time this season only to discover that I forgot to load my suitcase in the car! Needless to say, I only arrived with the very clothes on my back. Did I discover this mistake when I was stopping for gas only an hour outside the Twin Cities? NO! I realized it when I went to grab my sweater from my suitcase in the trunk while parked first in line waiting for the ferry in Bayfield. Dale informed me yesterday that it's supposed to be on the cool side up her for the week so thankfully I threw my biker jacket in the trunk as it was to big to fit in my suitcase. At least I had that for the chill.

Not only were my clothes in the suitcase, but my toiletries, meds, AND Athena's meds were in it too. With a Walmart and a Walgreens in Ashland my clothes and meds were the least of my worries. Athena's incontinent and I was worried about her peeing in the apartment while in her sleep. Thankfully Dale's landlord gave us the name of his vet in Ashland. With a fax of the prescription from our vet he told us he'd replace her meds. I can get everything taken care of tomorrow in Ashland.

Anyway, Dale and I had a fantastic dinner of whitefish at The Pub. We then took Athena for a nice walk afterward.



No comments:

Post a Comment