Monday, June 26, 2017

Island 2017 - 1st Trip Day 3: Marie's Muffins

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Stopped by Mission Hill this morning for a blueberry muffin but they were out. Marie, the proprietor, told me they go fast. I told her that I'm from Minnesota and that we actually have a state muffin, blueberry of coarse, but that the best blueberry muffins I've ever had are from Wisconsin - hers! She told me that the secret is less sugar and more blueberries. I told her she read my mind and that part of the reason I love them so much is that they're not overly sweet. She also said they're not cake. I told her she read my mind again because the other reason I love them is because they're not dense. I asked if she ever gave out the recipe. She said she would and that that was a wonderful compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment