Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Madeline 2021 - First Trip: Muffins, Motorcycles, and More! (Saturday)

Saturday, June 26, 2021



After yesterday’s unsuccessful attempt to obtain one of Marie’s marvelous muffins at Mission Hill Coffee I gave it another go today. Success! Muffins happen.


On my morning walk I noticed how overgrown the Madeline Island putt putt golf course is looking. 



It’s like a ghost town. 



Could it be a Covid-19 business fatality?



Dale got home from work around 12:30 p.m. We went to the Beach Club for lunch and were able to have a nice talk about all the stress in our lives.

After lunch Dale had to go back to work. I sat on the deck and lit up a cigar. By the way, he’s back in his old apartment which he hasn’t been in since 2018. In 2019 he was in a cabin on the lake and in 2020 there was no camp due to Covid. That brings us up to the present day. 



Dale came home around 4:00 and took a bike ride while I took a nice walk. While out and about I happened upon a bejeweled car outside Tommy’s Burned Down Bar.

I’m guessing they’ll use it as a float in the 4th of July parade. Here’s a view of the back.

And a slightly more close up version of the front. 



Also, there’s some kind of motorcycle gathering this weekend so motorcycles are parked everywhere.



Dale had to go back to work at 6:30.



While he was gone I got some more walking in and then got cleaned up.

Dale didn’t get home until late. We had a late dinner of pizza and watched Family Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment