Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Madeline 2021 - First Trip: Travel Day (Thursday)

Thursday, June 24, 2021


I meant to leave the house at 10:00 a.m. As I pulled out of the driveway the dashboard clock said 10:18. Not bad. Photos above and below taken at the Thompson Hill rest area where construction was occurring. 



Construction wasn’t just happening at Thompson Hill. I’ve encountered more than enough from Minneapolis to Duluth on the roads. I probably shouldn’t complain though because traffic moved steadily through all of it. It probably didn’t hurt that it’s not quite the weekend yet otherwise it might’ve been really bad. 

I ended up encountering some more construction on Highway 2 going through Wisconsin. At one point it was down to only one was and I came upon a long line of cars stopped to let vehicles going the other way through. The wait wasn’t too bad. 

I departed the ferry onto Madeline shortly before 4 p.m. and stopped at the Beach Club for an Old Fashioned. Dale joined me at about 4:40 and we ended up having dinner right at the bar. So very good to see him. 

After dinner we took a nice walk which included Nebraska Row. Gorgeous sunny evening for a walk. We had so much catching up to do. 

Upon arriving home we sat on the deck and watch the sun descend to the horizon. Funny, we watched some campers set up and grill and then build a fire on the lawn across from ours. Didn’t know they could do that. The land and the building on it belong to the phone company so maybe they’re with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment