Monday, July 16, 2018

Island 2018 - Second Trip Third Day: Blueberry Muffin

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

After Athena's walk I hightailed it to Mission Hill Coffee for one of Marie's famous homemade blueberry muffins. I commented to her how nice and quiet it was in the shop. Based on what she told me I think she was enjoying the post 4th of July lull. She recounted how crazy the whole week had been. With the holiday falling on a Wednesday it was like there were two 5-day weekends to pick from on either end of the big day. I wouldn't be surprised is some folks just took the whole week off. She also mentioned that demanding and entitled customers are really at an epidemic level this year. I told her that based on some of the things I've seen I had to agree with her. One example was a man at the Beach Club who asked the bartender if she'd go to the shop across the street and buy cigars for him. Another example was a woman who drove onto the ferry to Bayfield, left her car to go get coffee and kept the ferry waiting while she was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment