Sunday, July 4, 2021

Madeline 2021 - First Trip: Muffins, Cigars, and More! (Monday)

Monday, June 28, 2021

I slept like a rock last night and woke up very slowly. Mondays are so much more tolerable when you don’t have to work. 

After Dale left for work and I finished breakfast I took a nice walk into town.

The morning was glorious with blue skies and fluffy clouds although we’re supposed to get a little rain by late morning. 


I picked up a muffin at Mission Hill Coffee but saved it for after I got home. Heavenly as always. 


Rain moved in around 11 a.m. so I read for a while and had lunch. I was hoping to do a cigar early afternoon so the rain was a drag. However, around 1:20 it subsided and the sun came out. I jumped at the chance to light up. 


Sadly, only part of the sky, the part visible from the window, was clear and there was a rain cloud right above me and it started to sprinkle. I couldn’t go inside so instead I grabbed Dale’s umbrella. Thankfully the rain didn’t turn to anything more than a sprinkle and it quit about 20 minutes later. 


Above is my view from under the umbrella I'm holding in the photo previous to this one. The storm was literally right over my head. 


After my cigar I thought I’d grab an Old Fashioned at the Beach Club. When I got there I found it to be closed having forgotten that they’re not open on Monday and Tuesday due to post pandemic issues. The Pub has limited hours as does Grandpa Tony’s and the Farm Table. Cafe Seiche isn’t even open except for take out on the weekend. My understand is that it’s mostly due to post pandemic staffing problems. 


Anyway, after my unsuccessful Beach Club run I noticed Grandpa Tony’s was open so I thought an ice cream cone could work instead of a cocktail. However, as I approached I realized the line was to the door and decided I didn’t want ice cream that badly. 


The candle shop was open so I got a couple of lilac scented ones. 


Dale and I took a nice walk when he got home from work. But when we got home he had to go back to work. One of the things we talked about on our walk is what a drag it is that he has to work so much up here. 


In other news, I saw these sleeping ducks when down by the lake earlier today. Very cute.






No comments:

Post a Comment