Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In the Beginning

In 2002 my partner Dale got a job that required him to be on Madeline Island for part of the summer. Initially he wasn't feelin' the love for the island that I did due to the fact that for him being there was work. For me it was a chance to relax. I'm a teacher and I have the summers off. As much as I love having the extra time in the summer, being at home still makes me feel that there is always something I could be getting done around the house. As much as I love doing summer projects at home, the Island allows me a few days to do absolutely nothing but relax, and by relax, I mean read, hike, journal, drink coffee, watch movies and have cocktails. In the photo above you see an inlet near the Madeline Island Yacht Club's marina. Photo taken in July 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment