Sunday, May 17, 2015

Reconnaissance Mission 2015 Part 1

Dale went on his yearly pre-camp reconnaissance mission on Sunday, May 10th (a week ago today). Here is his journal entry for that day:

"Later today I will make my first trip to Madeline Island to prepare for the camp season, and will be moving up there in early June for five weeks.  I have been so busy preparing for the trip that I didn’t stop to think about how I feel about actually making the trip.
While I like being on Lake Superior and on the island and am looking forward to the complete silence and dearth of people that comes with a trip there in mid-May, I know the craziness that is yet to come.  I know I will rally and enjoy it, but right now I wonder how I can possibly do this for the umpteenth time.  I also wonder what June is like in Minneapolis.  I haven’t spent a June here since 2001.  I may be getting a little fatigued with all of this.  Ah well, plenty of time to think about that on the drive!"


No comments:

Post a Comment