Thursday, July 10, 2014

Island 2014: Second Trip - Greunke's Inn, Bayfield

Monday, July 7, 2014

Greunke's had at least as much kitschy charm as Maggie's. I ordered the chef salad which was great. My server, Bobbie Rose, recommended the strawberry shortcake for dessert. She told me that the strawberries were from Bayfield and the current batch had just come in that morning. She said their strawberry shortcake was  the best and after eating it I can't say I'd disagree with her. That was some pretty riotous old school stuff. They don't mess around. The first time I ever drove through Bayfield back in 2002, I noticed Greunke's because of the red exterior but also the big sign out front advertising a Friday night fish boil. I'd never heard of a fish boil before. In Minnesota we have fish fries. Anyway it stuck in my head. I can't believe it's taken me this long to try the place. Better late than never, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment