Sunday, June 3, 2012

Island 2012 - Dale's Up for the Season

Dale left for the Island this past Thursday. I can't believe the 2012 season has begun. He recently posted the following picture on his blog with the caption: "On the ferry back to the mainland from Madeline Island for supply shopping in Duluth. It's a bit windy - going to be a rough crossing."


He also blogged:


"I moved to Madeline Island for the season this past Thursday and I'm finally feeling like I'm hitting my stride. This is the 11th year that I've done this but every year it takes a few days to feel like I'm not in the Twilight Zone. This little island, about the size and shape of Manhattan, has about 800 people and I'm reminded every year what a city boy I am. I took a run yesterday morning about 6:15 and saw absolutely no one the entire 4.5 miles even though I live 'downtown'. Plus it was 34 degrees..."


"I do love the nature that's just outside my door, but I am  little bit afraid of some of the wildlife (my man card is disintegrating as I write this). While running yesterday a fox sauntered onto the road about 100 yards ahead of me. I kept running toward it thinking it would run off. Yeah, not so much. By the time I was 50 feet away and he was just sitting there looking at me, I got a little scard that it would attack me if I ran by it. So I blinked first and made a quick left onto a different route. Like I said, City boy."


I added a note to his blog saying "Dale, I'd rather see your man card disintegrate than have you lose your common sense!"

No comments:

Post a Comment